Pages


Decorative baubles

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Once I'd finished the wrapping paper, I was really in the creative zone! I'd seen this fabulous tutorial to decorate a tree ornament on my favourite site The Graphics Fairy.  I found some ceramic baubles in Hobbycraft and I already had some old book pages and some music wrapping paper.



Start by ripping the paper into small pieces.  Don't worry about the size or shape of them.  I started off with this page of writing but ended up using music paper for the rest of them.  I liked the musical notes behind the images.  I got my sheets of music from The Fruit Pixie


I used modge podge to coat the ceramic balls and then also to coat the paper.  Once each bauble was covered I then downloaded and cut out images from The Graphics Fairy


I wanted to sparkle them up, so covered them in this iridescent glitter that I had


Finally I strung wire through the top for hanging them up (there were some holes in the baubles) and then I tied ribbon around the tops.  I think they will look really pretty on the tree!






  1. Thanks Cherie for the kind comment, I had great fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! Love glitter, must have glitter! Walking out of Hobby Lobby the other night, even the side walks had glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Anne - glitter is definitely hard to resist! Thanks for the lovely comment

      Delete